Tuesday, July 20, 2010

/// heart skipped a beat



The Nature of Time

Thinking about time is like turning the globe round and round, recognizing that all journeys exist simultaneously, that to be in one place is not to deny the existence of another, even though that other place cannot be felt or seen, our usual criteria for belief.

- Sexing the Cherry, Jeanette Winterson


TIME 1:

Winter, snow and walking alone. And the unbearable emptiness that comes down from the sky and crashes on your shoulders flattening you to the sidewalk. The spaces of your room, the corners of your bed, your pictures on the wall, a soft yellow light and love that is breaking. Real and raw and hopeful and tragic.


TIME 2:

Summer, the streets of Kungsgatan. Running into friends and a morning after glow. Girl friends and cheeseburgers and adolescence. Pineapple fields forever and Happy Birthday on your Birthday. Blackeberg and the most beautiful songs, the ones I have always wanted to write. "Do you feel good?" I do, it feels good on my skin, and even better from within. And thinking, always thinking of the night before. With a secret smile.


PLACE 1:

You and me are together. I don't know where, but it doesn't matter. I cannot see or feel this place, but I know we are there and that we are happy. "In the end it will be you and me." This is the place where that happens.


PLACE 2:

You and me are apart. I am here where I am now, and you, you are a ghost walking around a completely different world. I miss you sometimes. Some songs still hit all the right notes, but they are not solely yours anymore.

No comments: