Sunday, November 30, 2008

/// strange things

Today was a pretty day
No disappointments
No expectations on his whereabouts
And oh, did you let him go?
Did it finally show that strange things will happen if you let
them?

Today I didn't even try to hide
You'll stay there and never push things to the side
He can't reach you cause you're way beyond him today

Today was a pretty day
Autumn comes with
These slight surprises where your life might twist and turn
Hope to unlearn
Strange things will happen
If you let them come around and stick around

Today you didn't even try to hide
You'll stay there and never push things to the side
Today you didn't even look to find
Something to put you in that peace of mind
He can't touch you cause I'm way beyond you today



I woke up to Bryan singing to me. It feels different when a song is really sung to YOU and the meaning is really what is happening to your life. And I did it, I stayed here and didn't push things to the side, I didn't flee elsewhere. I woke up, I got up, went outside and bought some antiseptic for my bleeding knee, ate at my favorite restaurant Nudelhaus, bought Christmas presents (for me haha), listened to Shout Out Louds, discovering new truths again hidden in between the lines of Tonight I Have To Leave It, met Christine, cooked pumpkin soup, painted pictures while listening to Belle and Sebastian. We toasted to heartless (and egotistical) swines. When I was leaving, Christine gave me an adventskalender! <3 I was so touched.

Something is changing in me, and I don't know what it is. But it feels good, I feel different, a bit lighter I suppose, than all those months of guessing and waiting and chasing and hoping and dragging myself. Heartless swine.

No comments: