Tuesday, August 12, 2008

06.20.2008 Midsummer: On the Radio


I woke up to the peak of summer, where everyone in Sweden is supposed to be the happiest they've been all year: the day of snaps, herring and potatoes. The sun's longest day. My first day here. I looked out the window and heard early morning noises: the fountain across the street, an old man walking talking to a boy, his son maybe. I remember the light and the sun and how everything feels just RIGHT. I lay back down, looked at the ceiling and sighed and smiled. I am HERE.

At the hostel's cafe, I heard The Concrete's On the Radio playing while I was on my way out. This song follows me all over the world. In Shanghai (or I think it was Can't Hurry Love? haha), at an H&M while I was trying on some clothes. And now here, in my first morning, while I was getting ready to go out and explore the city of my dreams. THE CITY OF MY DREAMS! I smiled as I recognized the familiar tune and I felt that there will be a whole world to explore once I step out that door and it is all for the taking!

I must say it was love from the start
when you gave me a tune to sing
But I guess you'll never know
'cause some things are meant
to stay unrevealed

I heard a song on the radio
and it was sung for your ears only

When you're lost though you know
all directions by heart
take a look what's behind the scene
There are hills and trees to be climbed
when you know someone awaits your return

No comments: