Monday, August 25, 2008

06.25.2008 MGMT, Marie, Matias och Magic.



These past few days I've been listening to MGMT's Kids on repeat. I was just smitten by it. It makes me feel good and alive and strong and brave. I remember that MGMT was also in Accelerator in Stockholm but I didn't know them then so I didn't watch their set.

I was looking through my videos of Stockholm and was shocked to see this! I remember that this was when I found Marie and Matias, my lovely festival friends, after the St. Vincent set at the tower stage. The three of us tried to go the outdoor stage to see who's playing, but there were so many people. It was MGMT, and it was KIDS!!!

I remember exactly what I was feeling while filming this: electric happiness, a buzz in my soul. This is the view that I will remember forever - Stockholm's Norr Malarstrand, Lake Malaren and those construction cranes that tug at my heart everytime I see them. My dreams coming true one after the other in a parade of electric days and nights such as THIS. Twilight purple and blue skies because the sun never really sets in this place, summer forever. The buzz of people talking, the synths.

It was KIDS! And there is love! And there is fate/faith! And there is hope.

No comments: