Wednesday, August 13, 2008

06.20.2008 Midsummer: Riddarholmen comes true.

Stockholm in my mind, 01.11.2007


And I'm off! With Katrin, the German girl I met at the hostel. Germany! What a coincidence! We walked around Gamla Stan together, shouting:

"STOCKHOLM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"SWEDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"AAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

and my favorite:

"RIDDARHOLMEN!!!!!!!!"

Because I draw it all the time in my notebook, that jutted piece of land with a high tower which is always shown as "Stockholm" in touristy websites.

and sometimes I shout:

"THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"THE SKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I was just so overwhelmingly happy to see this and that and this and that, buildings and streets and corners that I've only seen in pictures, websites and imagined landscapes in my mind. And they were real and they were here and I could touch them and inhale the air and look at the sky and oh wow I'm alive.


The view from Riddarholmen. Stadshuset in the distance.

No comments: