Thursday, October 14, 2010

/// the stray boys and girls

Saw my favorite flowing cardigan, looked at the Stray Boys tag. Our special club. It's like an unspoken rule, a secret ID card, I've noticed that the Stockholm gang has at least one Stray Boy item in his or her wardrobe, strange. Carol's grey vest, Suzy's shopping bag, Viktor's black jacket, Andy's white jacket, my flipflops and everyone else's cotton bags. I looked up the grey sky, in Utrecht that is, sitting here at the library and realized yes I am a stray girl, jumping from city to city, following what my heart says, sitting in libraries and trying and trying and trying.

We are strays in some ways, but I know and I believe that we are also following a path that we already know deep in our hearts. An inherent compass. It always knows the way. Even if I can't see it now, doesn't mean there is nothing there. Even if things are not working so well now, that's part of it, doesn't mean it will be like this forever.

1 comment:

Arrate said...

We are stray girls because we looked for it. We throw our stray girl arms around the tiniest bit of kindness in the world. And in the meantime, the pain now only means it won't hurt this much a year from today. Becoming stronger, happier, not because things around get easier or smooth, but because we realise that, each time, we're laughing louder at the same joke.