Monday, October 25, 2010

/// supermooi

Vrijdag

The train from Utrecht to Arnhem, looking out to the forests. And seeing Max sitting in front of me, Max from The Book Thief. Sleeping in basements and remembering that the war was just sixty years ago, that everything I see now wasn't a good place to be in then. You never know, anything can happen.

And standing in wonder, a place where I feel love was once a place where there was almost nothing. Parkstraat: the cream white apartments, the grey blue sky, the rain and my heart.

And walking home to you. Fire alarms. Dentists and Mayo Clinic. Legos and Polly Pockets and childhood memories. And reminding me to be careful.

And the morning, Donkey Kong Country and remembering how amazing it was the first time we saw it. And playing Streetfighter with the best gamer in the world. Mushroom soup and sugar bread, strawberries and Coke.

Zaterdag

Supermooi and a room full of jumping Dutch guys pointing their fingers in the air, boom boom boom! Always that rhythm, always that beat. You know you're in the Netherlands when you can hear that one-two-three.

And when people are not afraid to speak in booming voices, louder than the person speaking. Lennart whispered to me "It's because here, if you're louder, then you're right."

And I thought of the extreme individual space and loneliness and wanting to be left alone and people jumping in front of tracks at this time of the year. And maybe this is also why I can't get in.

My presentation spiel is getting longer and longer and harder to explain with each passing month/city. I sort of got tired by the end of the night and just said "For love" when asked why I was here.

And the night ended with fist pumping and jump dancing in the middle of the dancefloor to Electric Six, pepernoten flying in the air and two lovely simultaneous three-cheek kisses.

Ik ben van alle markten thuis.

Zondag

A hang over, the U.N. and not much else. :)

No comments: